Wednesday 6 February 2013

Well worn wellies.

Where I live it is not uncommon to forget what sunshine looks and feels like, or to wake up and just assume the sky will be grey and bursting at the seams with rain in its various forms.   (misting, sprinkle, drizzle, drenching...etc.)   So the fact that I lived for a year in this climate before investing in a pair of hunter boots still baffles me.    My hunters were by far the best purchase I have made in YEARS! [Prior to this I think the next best purchase might have been my ipod?] Living in the rain forests of BC it is inconceivable to exist with out rubber boots.  These wellies of mine have sort of become what a cape is to a super hero. They entitle me to a feeling of invincibility and give me the right and will to walk straight into what otherwise would have been fatal situations.   In my previous life, before owning these watershed wellies, I would have to hip hop over and around puddles, manoeuvring around like I was navigating a mine field.    Now I walk willfully through puddles fearless of getting wet. 
 
My life was changed that day...
 
 
 
Happy splashing. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment