Wednesday 7 January 2015

transitions


Christmas has come and gone... the whirlwind has settled.   What is the most wonderful time of the year, is also the most busy and stressful.   Every year we try to do Christmas better, we buy presents in advance to avoid the chaotic christmas shoppers, we pre plan dinners, and deck the halls early.  But it doesn't seem to matter, there is always an element of frantic that envelopes the holidays.   I'm okay with that, because Christmas means that I am with my family and for a few short days all other worries dissipate and settle to the back of my mind.  



The harsh reality of "no longer Christmas"  began to set in as my fiance and I (yes Fiance!  My super cute man-friend proposed!!! best Christmas present ever!)...I digress...were driving through a world of white maneuvering the terrifyingly slick roads from BC to Alberta to start the new year officially    Noticing how the snow seemed to trace the outline of everything, the world was a winter play land.  For some reason when it snows in BC it seems cute now in comparison to Winnipeg, however this last snow storm has given Manitoba a run for its money.  

The drive, consisting of 2 bathroom breaks, 2 scratch cards, a box of Timbits and two coffees was the physicality of transitioning from home to-- not home.  I braced myself through out the drive as my mind transition from Christmas bliss in BC to second semester sensibility that I’ve become accustom to in Winnipeg.  This transition topped off with resolutions and goals for the New Year in addition to the plan to plan a wedding has both given me a sense of purpose and determination to survive another winter, all the while completely intimidating me.  

From the safety comfort and warmth of home, to the demanding, treacherous cold terrain of Winnipeg, I have to push forward towards a faceless goal.  I know am so blessed to have people in my life that love and support me, and make challenges in life manageable.  Despite a less than easy ease into the semester, I'm hopeful for a happy, healthy, productive, purposeful semester. Prayers, encouragement, and hugs are always welcome.







No comments:

Post a Comment