Sunday 1 November 2015

Lessons about Truth.

I woke up this morning spinning.  The truth is, I should have probably stopped 3 red solo cups of wine earlier.   So as my feet hit the ground I regretted everything instantaneously.  My head was spinning, the lack of food in my stomach made me feel weak, and I felt like everything was moving in slow-mo. "I am pretty sure this is what a zombie feels like", I thought as I forced my feet forward,   nearly dead on the inside and dead-looking on the outside.  It was one of those mornings that you really wished you could sleep through.

I stumbled upon a meme the other day, it was talking about how there should be gold stars for university students... they'd say " Good for you, you finished that paragraph"  or "Good for you, you washed your hair today!"   I feel like there should be gold stars like that for simply being an adult and dealing with adult things.   I have to keep telling myself " Good for you Alexa, you put pants on today..."  Or "You ate half a cookie!  Well done," because life is hard, and sometimes you need all the encouragement you can get.

Fast forward 4 hours, I am sitting a work with washed hair, clean clothes and makeup on.  (That's at least 4 gold stars!)   I'm pondering what this day will look like... and what sort of surprises await me.   I sit with myself and search for that inner peace, and strain to hear for the voice of truth speaking into my life.

I read the First 15 devotional almost everyday, and today it talks about truth.   We believe things to be true about ourselves - things that we filter through our own skewed human perspective.   But I believe that God wants us to believe things to be true about ourselves by solely filtering them through His eyes. With that Godly perspective anything is possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment