Friday 23 October 2015

Good things take time.

We walked on a carpet of yellow leaves.  I was wearing my peacoat and a very positive attitude.   As the fragrance of fall filled my lungs,  I enjoyed the moments where peace settled as the sun streamed through the falling leaves.   All was calm.   Then in a moment, you grabbed my hand and the colour seem brighter, and the fragrance sweeter.  How do you do that?   

It's walks like those that I start to compile analysis of myself.  I search the inner most part of my being for flaws and struggle to find solutions to the "problems." I am a complicated being.  I strive for perfection in most areas of my life, and likewise wish it upon imperfect people in my life.   But the reality is that no one can come close.  We are dominated by selfishness and insecurities that stack weight on our shoulders that we perceive as a shield.  But what would happen if in those moments of searching for the fabled perfection, we search for our humanity instead and shrug off the weight of perfection. Perhaps the realization that perfect doesn't exist is a healthy one.   I am realizing that this search for perfection hurts more than it does help.   I have pushed away so many things because of this impossible quest.  

As the leaves leave the trees to find their rest at the base of what was once their home, the season is about to change again.  But each year and each season the trees get stronger and bare more fruit than the last.   Good things take time, and perfection is a false ideology and goal that wastes precious time.  




No comments:

Post a Comment