Saturday 17 October 2015

hope for tomorrow

We tend to try to safeguard against hurt. We put up barriers, and pray that they withstand life. But sometimes life forces itself through all our precautions and suddenly a storm encircles you. I somehow I managed to weather the worst storm of my life. I survived it. I came out the other end, and feel stronger, wiser, and older. I know now that storms sometimes are followed by mini storms that shake an already weary spirit. My faith in life had felt destroyed. But the realization that, I am fortunate to know that my faith isn't in life, it's in the creator of it. That knowledge, as strong as it is, isn't always reflected in my ability to cope. There are days when I desperately want to pack all my things up and move to Mexico, or just escape- somehow even for a little bit. Looking back on this year I can't believe how wildly life has shaken me. I can't believe how much the shine has worn off, and I now find myself discovering a slight bitter taste in my mouth. That sensation isn't one that my spirit defaults to, but I feel like it's the result of being kicked down so many times. Despite that, I keep picking myself up and brushing the hurt off, but man, it wears you down. I don't want to be bitter. I don't want to resent things in life, or feel like all the beautiful things have lost there beauty somehow but man life is hard sometimes. 
But you carry on and press on with hope for a brighter tomorrow, and more often than not the brighter tomorrow brings some reprieve from the storms rough winds.

Maybe the most important tid-bit in this is that my faith isn't in life, it is in its creator, the sustainer and perfecter of all things.   Life is hard sometimes, but there is always hope for tomorrow.  


No comments:

Post a Comment