Saturday 19 January 2013

Cirque Du Soleil and leather pants.

First cup of coffee from Parallel 49
There are two things that are currently on my mind.   Leather pants and Cirque Du Soleil.    Now you may wonder,  "What do these things have in common?"   Well,   nothing really.   EXCEPT that, I wore "leather" pants to see Cirque Du Soleil today!   

I went to the mall on a whim last night and succumbed to my need/desire for "leather" pants...and let me tell you:  It was one of the best $40 I have spent in a long time.   It definitely beat the $50 dollars I spent on trying to apply to university and the $56 dollars I spent to get my transcripts where they needed to be in time for them to be received.    Yes, my $40 "leather" pants were the right dose of retail therapy for me.  With a day full of sensory activities, including experiencing Parallel 49 for the first time today.  (EXCEPTional coffee and the best doughnut I have ever tasted.)    Then a short while later I ate at my favourite restaurant my favorite food (Pretty much anything with cheese that I can put ketchup on qualifies)  and then the piece de resistance, Cirque Du Soleil.    Which in a nutshell - BLEW MY MIND.  I really didn't realise the body could contort in such ways.   It inspired me to continue my yoga classes and made me more determined than ever to conquer "The Splits."   (This has been a life long dream of mine, that I think this year of 2013, I will finally see this happen.)  The show was truly unbelievable.   I will recommend to everyone to see at least once!  
So between my great retail therapy pants, a happy tummy and the awesome experience at the show my day was pretty fantastic.  The sun even decided to show up for a bit.  

My leather pants were a bit of a splurge for me (I am a poor student afterall, who happens to have nice friends that treat her to fun days out)  but, I really think they were a worth while purchase.   They are a piece that can be dressed right up, or dressed right down.   They also have an edge without being studded or have combat boot-ish feel to them, which allows them to become a cameleon piece!   

leather



Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment