Wednesday 23 January 2013

high notes and pretty dresses

I have been singing since I was knee high to a grasshopper.  What started out as a desire to replicate Christina Aguilera has evolved into a desire to see the full potential of my voice.   I am now a full time music student, a road that hasn't been easy.  It has been full of long hard hours spent in stuffy practise rooms, time toiling over hard musical concepts or my Nemesis [at this point, I'm determined to conquer it] - ear training.   All those hours, the blood sweat and tears are made worth it for two things:  High notes and pretty dresses.  

A singing teacher of mine said that "high notes and pretty dresses" were the reason she pursued her career in singing.    And I think I can relate.  There is probably no other adrenaline rush or excitement like that of singing a beautiful "high note."   Now combine that with an exceptional gown- together they equal an addictive combination.  I don't own a closet full of long gowns, but one day I hope to. A different dress to commemorate a different exciting performance.   

On pinterest I get to anticipate what will be housed in my walk in closet of "one day."  I will have Elie Saab, Vera Wang, Oscar De la Renta, YSL... to name a few.  They'll all hang out in there and be great friends, because I will love them.  I dream of one day having the privilege to wear a gown of such quality and craftsmanship.    Perhaps one day, if I make it big...or win the lottery.   

In the mean time I will enjoy them from a far and dream of one day feeling Italian-blind-monk-hand sewn lace on my body.


dressesEnjoy these GORGEOUS gowns... no lace, but STUNNING SEQUENCE and SEXY SILK.


Happy drooling. 


No comments:

Post a Comment