Tuesday 1 January 2013

The value of investing

One thing I've learned over the years is the importance of investing in basics.   I made the mistake of spending countless dollars on 5 dollar tee shirts, that fit terribly to begin with then when you accidentally wash them they come out misshaped and 3 sizes too small.  Had I spent the $30+ dollars on a well made basic tee shirt I would have probably saved myself money in the long run.   [I have however discovered stores like Winners often will have higher end tee shirts for $20. ] 

basics2


This rule also should apply to denim. I always find myself regretting my $40 dollar pair. (Though initially I revel in the thought-to-be good deal.)   INVEST INVEST INVEST!  I have learn the importance of investing in denim that will last.   I bough a pair of BCBG jeans 4 years ago, and I am still wearing them.  The $40 jeans, now have holes where there shouldn't be holes though purchased 4 months ago. The moral of the story is you get what you pay for.  In the past I have had a little success finding designer names in second hand stores. Rule number three is important when looking for well made denim. (Know your luxury brands) 

investment denim

Happy Hunting

No comments:

Post a Comment