Sunday 13 January 2013

Sex and the City

I recently succumbed to my need to watch Sex and the City.  I think this desire was greatly influenced by my lacklustre New Years.  I was inspired by Carrie and Miranda's equally dull festivities in the scene where Carrie rushes across New York City donning a fur coat, PJ's, and high heels to be with her friend for the countdown.   I popped the movie into our turn of the century dvd player, and watched in adoration that was accompanied by a mild form of jealousy for 2 hours the exquisitely compiled collection of clothing Carrie wears through out the film.   I find myself wondering what it would feel like to own a pair of Manolo Blahnik's or a Louis Vuitton purse, or even to have the pleasure of purchasing either from their store.  The style Carrie owns is effortless and chic, it always has something to say, sometimes loudly ( i.e The bird on her head for her wedding) or a bit more modestly (i.e. Her stunning green getup in the scene where, together big and Carrie scope out new apartments.) But regardless of what she is wearing, she manages to look like she knows what she is doing with her sometimes wacky but fashionista style.   I hope to one day have a collection of clothing like hers, and confidence to match.  

A LITTLE FASHION INSPIRATION- maybe a little carrie inspired? 


rednudeblackneon

No comments:

Post a Comment