Monday 13 May 2013

Move in Monday

Moving is exhausting, and revealing.   This move has illustrated the pack horse that I am. (I think I actually am a recovering hoarder!)  Only I hoard pictures, cards, notes (That date back as far as 1998) and random keepsakes that I, at one time thought were special.   Now, some 15 years later I can't seem to recall what was so special about those green plastic glasses, or the wind up frog.  I have stock piled memories like it was going out of style.   I wonder why I can't part with things that in the grand scheme of things don't really matter.  I wonder if it is because all the random pieces and paper add up to different seasons in my life, and in a way they embody or represent a younger me. My mom says it is because I am sentimental.  I guess she is right.  Like the Tee-shirts from high school that had to be pried out of my hands at the donation bin, or the jeans that in an ideal world I would have worn to shreds, I hold on to old things with hope. Hope of another season of bliss in that Tee-shirt, or that the skirt I wore when I was 19 and 10lbs lighter will fit again, or that somehow the memorabilia in those boxes will help me relive my youth...

Yes, I got all that from moving 4 hours inland. 

I am 80% unpacked and 60% organized.   I still have about 12 boxes to sift through... the journey has just begun...  

Happy Monday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment