Sunday 12 May 2013

moving (on) day

Today snuck up on me.  I thought I had far more time to savour the way things were before things changed completely. But here I am, sitting in bed in my old room, back in my old town, in my old house thinking about how much has changed since the good ol' days.   This diversion of the norm has not been easy.  I was strong this morning as I sat through my last official sermon at my favorite church, strong as I hugged my favorite people goodbye despite the tears I really wanted to cry.  When I forced myself to drive away from my favorite townhouse, that housed my favorite roommates and my favorite memories I was strong until I was sure no one could see me and then I couldn't hold in my sadness anymore.  I cried like a toddler that had its favorite plaything taken away.   This life of mine in the Lower Mainland wasn't taken away though, it was a choice I made to move forward and now...  I hurt because of it.  I am choosing to see the hurt as growing pains though because nothing worth while comes easily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment