Thursday 2 May 2013

My Dear Mr. Watson

Lets talk about men for a moment.    I would say that approximately 9/10 men these days roll out of bed and throw whatever is most comfortable on, even if the T-shirt has been worn 4 days in a row.  I also would say that 86% of all statistics are made up on the spot.    Regardless, men's fashion is (at least in this hemisphere) highly disregarded, and underrated.  

This part of my entry may seem misplaced, but I promise it will tie into my first statement, so bare with me. This last week I have spent approximately 12 hours glued to my computers screen.   I have always loved a good mystery, as a girl I read through every Nancy Drew novel I could get a hold of wishing I too could solve mysteries fearlessly.  Now that I am all grown up, I have discovered a new method of getting my mystery fix... SHERLOCK.  Promoted from a mere watcher to a full blown fan in less than a week I cannot get enough of Sherlock's character.  He makes me feel completely inferior intellectually speaking, and I love it.   I devour the English humor, and the stories that keep twisting and wringing the conscious to attempt to calculate as quickly as Mr. Holmes.    Aside from his astounding wit, chiselled cheekbones and sly smile, he also has mastered men's debonair style.   I would argue that there isn't an existing scene where he does not look put together and handsome, even in his pajamas and house-coat he pull the handsome genius thing off.  

My favorite piece of his wardrobe is his coat.    (ahhhhh.....drooool.)   When the collar is popped my heart starts racing.  Just such a great coat, it is masculine and dignified looking.   It says,  "I am a soooooo... suave."

"Dr. JOHN WATSON: Don't do that  Sherlock: Do what?  Watson: The look  Sherlock: Look?  Watson: You are doing the look again  Sherlock: I can't see it can I? It's my face  Watson: Yes and it's doing a thing. You are doing a "we both know what's going on here" face  Sherlock: We do  Watson: No, I don't. which is why I find the face so annoying"  Sherlock, The Reichenbach Fall.

The other element that makes him a suave specimen of a man, is he has beautiful tailored suits, and leather shoes.   AH!  Two things that seem foreign to a lot of men.  Not all, but a lot.  


My point in all this, is that Sherlock Holmes has great style to make up for his often obtrusive personality.   He is a consulting detective and still takes pride in his appearance.  Watson should not be excluded from this discussion, he will receive an honorable mention for casual comfy style that still implies effort. I wish more men would take a page out of there book... it would do the world good.   




Happy watching Sherlock.  <3Sherlock: I've got a blanket!

Happy watching Sherlock... Do it!   You wont regret it, not even for a second.     <3

No comments:

Post a Comment