Sunday 2 March 2014

round 2

I woke up this morning feeling…oppressed by the events of the night before.  Maybe oppressed is a strong word, but the wind was taken out of my sails, and I felt like any excitement I may have felt was stripped away from me in one fell swoop.  I woke up, washed my face and brushed my teeth and wearily wandered into the kitchen.   The kitchen on occasion looks as though either a.  a bomb went off or b.  a mad scientist snuck into our house to use our countertops for his science experiments and then he leaves the remnants of his work behind as part of a cruel joke.   I assumed my position as damage control and began to “undo the dishwasher.”   I put away the cups, the plates, the forks and I go to put away the falling-apart wire strainer, when the little bugger stabbed me with one of his stray wires!  It literally was lodged in my index finger.   “yeeeaa…ooooo!”   I cried to no one.  I stared in shock at my bleeding finger and gauged the situation. Thoughts ran through my head like, “should I go to the hospital!?  What if it gets infected!?! Can I simply pull it out?! Does one simply pull out a piece of wire that has made its home in one’s finger??!”   I had a solid moment of panic at the sight of this foreign object under my flesh.   It ended up being much more like a sliver and a lot less like open heart surgery.   After my blood pressure returned to normal and my finger stopped pulsing I made myself a delicious and much needed coffee with my fancy-dancy Aeropress.   I scoured my kitchen for breakfast and brought my meager offers to my room to begin my transformation from bed bound zombie to dateable blondie04.  Fixing the strands of hair that were more matted than a hairball and blending and blushing away the night of the dead look that becomes me after waking, I was ready for round two when I kicked my coffee cup right over.  The coffee tidal waved onto my off-white carpet surrounding my cellphone and cords for my computer.   Thankfully sparks didn’t fly and the situation was quickly contained.   To add insult to injury, my favorite jeans decided to rip today, of all days. This day was off to a good start.  Insert unimpressed face.   

I walked myself bitterly to the school where I planned to attack the 20th century theory assignment that was hanging over my head.  Thankful after 40 minutes of focus, I was able to complete a third of the assignment before my bus came to whisk me off to my next date.  I wondered why I had thought this was a good idea… and nearly talked myself off the bus and out of following through with this silly plan.  Arriving to the area I realised I couldn't press onward without caffeine.  So with a coffee to fill the void of coffee that my first coffee left, I wandered into the restaurant and silently prayed that this would go better.   My mind was put at ease right away when a handsome gentleman walked in and the conversation started right away.    I knew within 2 minutes that this was going to be a vast improvement.    I didn’t feel compelled to run for the door and in fact felt that the hour and half went by quickly.   My faith was restored.  


No comments:

Post a Comment