Tuesday 4 June 2013

patience part II

wait.
okay.......................keeping waiting?
yup.

okay...........................................still wait...?
mhmm. 


I'm not very patient, I think you should know this. The game of "wait" is never ending.  Its comes in infinite forms, but always the same idea, always training patience. I wait to go out the door, to wait in a car at a red light to wait in a line I don't want to be in. Meanwhile, I wait for you to text me. I patiently wait for my phone to ring. I wait.  I wait for divine intervention, for guidance and direction certain it will come. 

Time not only makes us wiser, it also can makes us stupider.  We hold out thinking that something better is around the corner, unlike a child, who grabs a hold of what they want with certainty and clings to it for dear life.   As life strings us along we become keenly aware of the details and sublimely ignorant to the patterns that begin to form in and around our lives. Time will illustrate, like the trail of water scaling down a fogged window, the hasty decisions and the repetition that forms along the way. 
 

Patience can be measured linearly, and is often seen with hindsight that is 20/20. 


Patience is apparently a common virtue I struggle with, as this is my second post regarding this blessed gift.  It is a gift. If you have an abundance of it cherish it, as it is a muscle that not everyone has the strength to exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment