Sunday 2 June 2013

90 day challenge - accepted, again.

Last summer I was encouraged by a friend to join in on a 90 day fitness/health challenge.  To join the challenge I had to come up with a goal that I wanted to meet. My goal was to abstain from sugar for 90 days.  Not all sugars but my weaknesses - cookies, cookie dough, cake, muffins...chocolate...Ice cream.   By the end of 90 days I didn't even want to eat sugar that kind of sugar.  I didn't crave it at all. But slowly I have gotten back on the sugar train.    *le sigh.   I felt great when I didn't consume my normal - copious amounts of refined goodness, so I decided to try another 90 day challenge..

Day 1, I forgot about my challenge and started to indulge in a brownie... a few hours later I forgot again until half way through a Tim Tam. Apparently my heart is in the right place but my mind is lagging behind. Not off to a great start...    
Day 2, I was out and about with a friend of mine grocery shopping, and a gluten free coconut cookie just fell into my hands, and then somehow ended up in my mouth.   So far my 90 day challenge to nix the sweet is failing miserably.

I am still convinced this is a good idea and want to succeed at this goal.  It will just take more will power then perhaps I initially thought. 

Plan of attack: when I am craving a lil' somethin' somethin' after dinner I'll run for a piece of fruit instead, or drink green tea. 

My thought process behind this decision was that I have gotten to a point in my eating habits where I expect something sweet to satisfy my craving after I eat almost every meal, and I would like a little bit of freedom from it. 

Well, tomorrow is a new day, and a great day to start revamping my eating habits.   Two down... ninety to go.  ha!



Happy eating

No comments:

Post a Comment