Sunday 23 June 2013

"Uniforms are the best" .....said no one ever.

 
I work at a job that requires me to wear a uniform. It isn't cute.  My white tunic/tuxedo shirt zip up uniform isn't stylish and it sure as heck isn't flattering.... in the slightest. So for 40 hours a week I look frumpy-licious in my super-sexy (sense the sarcasm) secretary uniform. This job has challenged me in more ways than just learning to multitask like a mother of 12, but also to find new ways to feel pretty at work.

My beautifying best friend is a straightening iron.   It transforms my desperate-for-a-haircut hair into something passable, ie. a, "wow you did your hair today" kind of hair style and hides the fact that I am a starving student that has had to trim her own hair for the last 10 months.  If you can hold a flat iron in your hand and have anything wrist/hand motor skills this is the tool for you and your hair.   It is fast (Bonus!) and makes your hair look like more effort was put into it.


LIPSTICK.
I am relatively really lazy at 7:00 in the morning. When I would rather be sleeping than brushing my teeth to head to work, I like simple and easy; something that can't go too awry as far as makeup goes.   The look of little to no eye make-up and a sassy lipstick is SO simple and gives the impression, again that more effort was put into your makeup than actually was.   Please purchase a lip liner and lip stick and let your world be changed by this dynamic duo. 


 


Highlighter.
Highlight the corners of your eyes with a pseudo shimmer, white-sh color eye shadow and voila!  You look like either you've just woken up from a 14 hour beauty sleep or had 14 cups of coffee.  Either way it adds the appearance of hours of sleep to your face and everyone is happy.  You can lightly brush it along your cheek bones for a dewy glow, and under your brows to again brighten your beautiful eye balls. 

Accessories are not always my strong suit.  My bestie is a whiz with whatever is shiny, sparkly or bedazzled and is to be draped on the body.   I try my hardest to take notes from her, so when she gifted me a b.a  bracelet that was both feminine, h-core, pretty and sparkly I was over the moon. 

Braids are a simple, virtually effortless.  They make life so much easier by controlling the chaos that is bedhead. I have a thing, or some people would call it an issue with hair in my face, so the braid curves around the forehead and detains all the strands of hair that would otherwise go rogue is my 2nd favorite hair do.    



My first favorite is the topknot/ballerina bun/sockbun/heyIjustthrewmyhairup-bun.   I love this hairstyle so much.  I think I utilize it to excess.   It is a versatile do, dress it up, dress it down.  It can be bohemian or very high fashion.   uh.  I don't know what I did before THE bun. 

 
 


These are my go-to's.  I am always looking for new ideas, tricks and secrets so if you have any pass them along! 

No comments:

Post a Comment