Friday 28 February 2014

One woman wolf pack and the art of finding and fostering





There are times when I feel like I have some sort of insignia on my forehead that I am not aware of.  Happily I go about my day blissfully unaware of any threat to my frivolity.   This ghostly illusion taped above my eyes produces a similar response I liken to a magnet.  I am the positive side and it seems that in these moments for whatever reason almost everything else positive is repelled away?  Why is that?    What is it about this day and age that makes me feel like a lone ranger on a deserted island, or a one woman wolf pack?   I simply seek consistency.  Wholeheartedly, that is what I want.   I seek not the bells and whistles and wish not for the frills and follies that seem to follow certain friendships. I want to be a person that invests profoundly in people, without feeling the need to consider risk.  It is a sad realization however, that not every relationship will be prosperous. 



Maybe our ideas of relationships are being skewed by propaganda around us. What is deep and meaningful in a life filled and filtered with “the next best thing,” upgrades and trade-ins?  Accompanied by the false proclamations that everything should come easy and be good through and through?   I want to defy even my own limitations in this and stretch out past the circle of comfort that has become my horizon, and resist the temptation to give into that mentality

What does it take to establish this type of depth in a culture thick with a current of complacency?   Where does someone  go to seek out similar souls?   These are questions I ask without the expectancy of an answer.   It seems satisfying enough to project them out into the universe.  Like a silent plea scribbled on parchment and placed in a bottle to then be sent a drift on the sea, these thoughts simply are let go - "out there."   


No comments:

Post a Comment