Thursday 20 February 2014

Winter wear where?

I haven't posted anything fashion related in a while because apparently life has taken some interesting turns lately and spun me into reflective mode. So to compensate for all the other stuff that has been blogged about lately this post will be about the one resource I really wish was "out there."  I'd love to discover a look-book for really cold weather.  If you search on Pinterest "cold weather fashion", humorously all that comes up are women in boots and sweaters outside surrounded by a mere dusting of snow.   When I see those photos, all I can think is, "I am pretty sure that's spring!?"

I am ALWAYS cold.   I get strange looks from people when I throw a jacket under my goose parka.  But in my defense I am a cool person.  (pun intended ;) jk) 

So over the last month and a bit, I have been trying to catalogue what I wear oot-n-aboot and realised that there is little hope for someone who loves fashion and is living on a miniscule budget in Winnipeg.   So I do what I can.     

There is really only so much that you can do when dressing for fiercely cold weather, so to let you in on a little secret...please note that pretty much at all times I have on 2 pairs of socks, long johns under the pants, sometimes on really cold days tights under the long-johns under the pants covered with high wool socks then shielded with a pair of winter proof Sorells. Then I wear a sweater followed by a down vest followed by my parka.   :)  Layers... they are your best friend.   

A lady at the gym a while back claimed that dressing was the best work out  - if that is true, Winnipeger's are the most fit people in the World. 
 

The key is layers- under everything /\
Double socks /\




Jacket under your jacket - all the "cool" kids do it.  /\

(thermals UNDER the tights.)






Its hard to wear your sassy pants in Winnipeg let me tell you.  But on days when it's only -12 they sometimes come out. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment