Saturday 1 February 2014

They came down

They came down.
With a single word,
Debris filled the air with chalky smoke
and rocks tumbled and fell,
as if their foundation was pulled from under them.  
A thunderous roar,
like that of a once sleeping giant,
echoed in my minds ear,
as each fragment collided with the earth,
beating rocks into the ground,
The hours, the care, the precision,
They all fell in a moment.

The repercussion of this weakness,
This error in judgment,
revealed the cavernous cracks,
that formed in my foundation.
  
These walls crumbled down.

What took years to build,
was brought to its knees 
In a second of surprise,
fate snickering that it was too late. 
fissures in the foundation discouraged
the advancement of new pillars
for the moment. 
I might have to start from nothing. 

My walls are down. 


What fell down,
will be lifted up.
stronger, the second time,
I know the blueprint better now,
The shapes and shadows,
the lines that need to be shaded darker,
the corners that shouldn’t curve,
What was broken,
will be fixed


With a single word,
hammers are in motion,
and the first supports of my foundation put in place

No comments:

Post a Comment